Saturday, April 22

Big Bang for the 50th...

...continuing the trip down memory lane...I spent my 50th birthday at Fenway Park with the Rolling Stones. As background - on the 40 Licks Tour in '02/'03 I had met a guy from Spain outside the show at the Orpheum and was able to vend posters and blinkies for several shows on the tour afterward.

When the Bigger Bang Tour was announced I got in touch with Rainer beforehand and arranged to vend on the tour. Sold posters, blinkies, RS lanyards, RS key fobs and 'Rock Fans for Aging Rocker' rubber bracelets (think Lance Armstrong yellow 'Live Strong' bracelets). Vended at the Fenway I & II, Hartford, Detroit, Durham and San Francisco I & II shows. SF shows were great as Metallica opened both nights with two completely different sets. At the Hartford show my booth was straight back from the stage so I had a great view of the stage all night. Also went to the Giants Stadium, Albany and the January MSG shows as a paying customer. Had third row on the side in Albany which was probably the best of all of the shows I was at as it was the smallest venue. Took a bunch of pix at both Duke Stadium and Albany. To check 'em out click on PICTURES. The pictures start out at Albany and are followed by Duke. One of these days I'll label them.

Enjoy. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home